Globus is celebrating its first tour worldwide since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit, taking people's travel dreams to new heights – literally.
Last week, the iconic tour operator invited Canadians to reroute spirits in a place the First Nations first came to know the Canadian Rockies and their otherworldly beauty.
From Calgary, Globus, alongside 19 guests, escaped to the pristine wilds of Banff National Park and the ethereal glacier-fed lakes (the “Water of the Spirits”) nearby on a five-day Canadian Rockies Escape.
“After months of hitting the pause button, it’s thrilling to push ‘play’ and make our return to travel with fellow, Canadian wayfarers and wanderers, in our own backyard. I was lucky enough to be there for the experience,” said Stéphanie Bishop, managing director for the Globus family of brands. “Joined by Leslie Schaff, one of our expert business development managers, it was thrilling to witness, first-hand, the ways in which we were able to successfully bundle unrivaled knowledge from Tour Director Brad Noyes with new, on-trip protocols and first-class accommodations at the Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa, to say ‘hello’ to the natural wonder of Canada and ‘goodbye’ to worry.”
Health & safety
On this special, exclusive Escape, Canadian travellers were privy to many enhanced safety standards, thanks to Globus’ new On-Trip Assurance program with on-trip protocols, developed by Globus’ global Health & Safety Team, including:
- Pre-trip health screenings and temperature checks, plus daily health checks.
- Freshly cleaned and disinfected motorcoach with touch-ups at every stop.
- Select seating (only next to those in your travel party), required hand sanitization and luggage disinfection (before boarding each vehicle).
- Social distancing whenever possible, thanks in part to Globus Go Beyond Devices; Wearing masks when social distancing is not a possibility.
- Touch-free meals (no self-service options at hotels or alike).
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection standards and protocols at hand-picked hotels.
Life in Banff
Just as expected, surrounded by the natural beauty of Canada, Banff’s caves and rocks were not only remedial for the body and spirit, they served as reminders of the ever-changing natural world.
In Banff, life continues as it has for millennia in a world of creatures great and small, including the mystical grizzly who rules this timeless alpine world.
“The raw, natural paradise of the Canadian Rockies gave me – and my fellow travellers – the peace and space we needed,” said Bishop. “It was joyful to be there for the Globus family of brands’ very first tour since March, representing our return to travel – here in Canada and beyond.”
According to Bishop, similar domestic tours are launching this fall in the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom.
“It isn’t necessary to cross oceans for adventure. From our national parks to cool, emerging cities and small, historic towns there’s a surplus of sights travellers haven’t seen – or truly experienced – closer to home,” said Bishop. “For the first time, and for now, we have an opportunity to focus our efforts on inviting travellers to discover – or rediscover – the wonder of their wonderful countries.”
- Globus Great Resorts of the Canadian Rockies (7 days)
- Globus Wonders of the Maritimes & Scenic Cape Breton (9 days)
- Globus Québec In Depth with the Gaspé Peninsula (11 days)
- Globus Newfoundland & Labrador (12 days)
- Globus Great Canadian Rail Journey (14 days)
- Cosmos Ontario & French Canada (8 days)
- Cosmos Heart of the Canadian Rockies (10 days)
For more information, travel advisors can visit the company’s Travel Agent Portal at www.agentlingo.ca.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!