The Globus family of brands says it is intent on opening-up opportunities for safe, experiential travel – not across borders or oceans, but across the country.
To begin this effort, Globus successfully operated a Canadian Rockies Escape in October for Canadian travellers.
Based on that experience, for the New Year, the company is launching two new escapes in Canada, for Canadians.
“Travellers driven by wanderlust do not need to cross oceans – or even borders – to enjoy the wonder and awe that travel implores,” said Chris Jones, director of marketing for the Globus family of brands. “Our own Canadian backyard is full of beautiful national parks; culturally rich cities; tiny, historic towns and a world of fascination, waiting to be discovered. Our new itineraries cater to Canadians, inviting them to enjoy the splendor of the country. And, if successful, will showcase a pivot for us in focus and possibilities, opening even more regional vacations for locals in the New Year.”
The new tours unveiled this week for Canadian travellers are “Escapes”: vacations operated during the off-season ensuring fewer crowds, milder temperatures and better deals. They are:
- West Coast Escape (5 days, priced from $1,279). On this getaway, Canadians are invited to make an escape to Vancouver and Victoria. On trip, they will enjoy guided sightseeing through Vancouver’s scenic waterfront, Chinatown and Stanley Park with free time to explore the city and its restaurants before boarding a scenic ferry crossing through the Gulf Islands to Victoria on Vancouver Island for a 3-night stay surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty.
- Rockies Escape (6 days, priced from $1,289). On this tour, travellers will explore Alberta’s magnificent Rocky Mountains. They will begin in the capital city of Edmonton for an overnight stay, including guided sightseeing and free time before continuing to Jasper to discover frozen waterfalls, ice caves and the stunning Maligne Canyon of Jasper National Park. They can also choose a Wildlife Discovery Tour in search of the fascinating flora and fauna that call the park home.
“When travellers explore the world with Globus, they’re choosing a safer alternative to travelling on their own,” said Stéphanie Bishop, managing director, Globus family of brands. "From expert Tour Directors and local drivers to vetted hotel and restaurant experiences, plus our extensive health and safety protocols, we are dedicated to providing travellers a stress-free getaway, leaving them free to have fun and enjoy Canadian discoveries, along the way."
Health & safety
On these Escapes, Canadian travellers will be privy to many enhanced safety standards, thanks to Globus’ new On-Trip Assurance program with protocols, developed by its global Health & Safety Team, including:
- Pre-trip health screenings and temperature checks, plus daily health checks.
- Freshly cleaned and disinfected motorcoach with touch-ups at every stop.
- Select seating (only next to those in your travel party), required hand sanitization and luggage disinfection (before boarding each vehicle).
- Social distancing whenever possible, thanks in part to Globus Go Beyond Devices; Wearing masks when social distancing is not a possibility.
- Touch-free meals (no self-service options at hotels or alike).
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection standards and protocols at hand-picked hotels.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!