Travel insurance provider battleface has launched an all-new flexible travel insurance product in the Canadian market as part of its global expansion and a new partnership with Hunter McCorquodale.
The product allows travellers to build a comprehensive, affordable travel medical insurance policy for single trips, both domestically and internationally, based on their travel needs and preferences, according to a press release issued Monday (Feb. 6).
And a policy can be easily purchased while travelling.
The product is aimed at leisure, adventure, business, contractors, volunteer, freelancer and NGO travellers looking for a fast single-trip policy as well as business and group travel.
In addition to trip interruption and cancellation, medical expenses and emergencies, product features include:
- Policy can be purchased while travelling, no need to worry about getting the insurance policy in place prior to travel
- Skiers heading off on a ski holiday can insure their ski equipment to minimize trip interruptions in the event of a baggage delay
- COVID-19 medical expense and quarantine cover for all travellers up to 75 years old
- Out-of-province coverage for medical expenses that may not be covered while travelling domestically
- Pricing based on age, destination and duration of trip with per day pricing
- Coverage for areas deemed “Avoid non-essential travel” and “Avoid all travel”, an option which may not be possible for all travellers, particularly NGOs
- Maximum trip length 365 days
“We are excited to be launching in Canada, bringing products that support travellers at every stage of their journey. battleface products are designed specifically with the modern traveller in mind, providing affordable and accessible protection for both domestic and international vacations,” said battleface CEO Sasha Gainullin.
Sophie Strezos-Egnatis, president, Hunter McCorquodale, added: “We are pleased to partner with battleface to bring this leading-edge, tech-driven product to the Canadian traveller. The battleface offering is in keeping with our own mandate of bringing relevant products to the Canadian insurance landscape."
"We look forward to continuing our journey of innovation together with such a leading-edge travel insurance disruptor.”
Standard coverage includes protection against Trip Cancellation up to CAD $20,000 per person, Medical and Emergency Expenses up to CAD $5,000,000 and Personal Liability up to CAD 500,000.
Customers will also have access to battleface’s 24/7 tech and customer service support.
battleface medical and travel insurance policies are underwritten by Northbridge General Insurance Corporation.
For more details, click here.