Aeroplan has unveiled the latest evolution of its loyalty partnership with Uber Canada, giving Aeroplan members' more earning potential by linking their Aeroplan with their Uber/Uber Eats account in Canada.
Starting May 3, Aeroplan members can earn 1 Aeroplan point per $1 spent on eligible orders in the Grocery and Retail sections of the Uber Eats app, with no minimum spend required.
The launch provides a new way to earn Aeroplan points with national and regional grocers and retailers.
In addition, members can take advantage of the following offers after linking their Aeroplan account with their Uber/Uber Eats account in Canada:
- Launch offer: 5X Aeroplan points on their next grocery or retail delivery order with Uber Eats from May 3 until May 31;
- New 250-point monthly bonus: Members will earn an additional 250 bonus Aeroplan points when completing an eligible ride (premium or airport ride), a restaurant food delivery order of $40* or more, and an eligible order from the Grocery or Retail section through Uber and Uber Eats in the same calendar month, every month – an Uber hat trick!
- New eater bonus: 1,000 bonus Aeroplan points when members open their first Uber Eats account, and complete their first eligible order from the Restaurant, Retail, or Grocery sections in the Uber Eats app;
- New rider bonus: 1,000 bonus Aeroplan points when members open their first Uber account, and take their first ride with Uber;
- Uber cash: Convert Aeroplan points to Uber Cash in the Uber app, from as little as 3,000 points for $25, which can be used towards Uber orders or an Uber One subscription.
|*$25 until June 1, 2023.
"Just as Uber is our members' favourite choice for rides and food delivery, we're confident they will love the addition of grocery and retail deliveries to our Aeroplan lineup" said Scott O'Leary, vice-president, loyalty and product at Air Canada. "We're thrilled to expand our partnership with Uber in a way that helps our members earn more points through things they do every day."
Additional partnership benefits associated with ordering grocery or retailer delivery via Uber Eats include:
- Order tracking and ability to request a no-contact delivery experience;
- Ability to schedule an order 24h/day and up to two days in advance;
- Delivery often available in under an hour;
- Groceries delivered straight to your door from top grocery and retail partners;
- One-on-one personalized remote contact with delivery person and ability to communicate with your delivery person in-app about product replacement and/or inventory, etc.
How to link your Aeroplan account and your Uber/Uber Eats accounts in Canada:
- Open the Uber or Uber Eats app and tap the menu on the top left corner;
- Tap 'Settings,' and scroll down to tap 'Aeroplan' under the Rewards section, then tap 'Link Account' and then log into your Aeroplan account;
- Once accounts are linked, you will start earning points on qualifying Uber/Uber Eats or Grocery orders.
For more info, click here.