On April 23rd, PAX's resident digital marketing expert, Frederic Gonzalo, teamed up with Angella Bennett, regional director for Canada at the Jamaica Tourist Board, for another episode of PAX Live on PAXnews.com's Facebook page.
The key focus of the discussion was about selling strategies during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as what the future holds for Jamaica tourism, and how travel agents can continue promoting the island.
During the chat, Bennett and Gonzo touched on many key points:
- A brand-new partnership with the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA) to invest in travel agent training starting in May and features a unique ‘Pay What You Can’ concept;
- The Jamaican government’s plans to slow the spread of COVID-19, including the implementation of mandatory precautionary measures in airports and public spaces;
- A new virtual FAM series that allows travel agents to rediscover the magic of Jamaica from home, while becoming educated on existing and up-and-coming product offerings;
- Predictions on which demographic of travellers will be more prominent in 2020, including insight on hotel and cruise recovery protocols;
- Unique selling strategies to consider during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
See the answers to the above questions and more.