Sandals Resorts International (SRI) has announced the introduction of Sandals Vacation Assurance, a comprehensive vacation protection program featuring an "industry-first guarantee of a free replacement vacation" including airfare for guests impacted by COVID-19 related travel interruptions.
SRI Executive Chairman Adam Stewart says the new program is designed to take the worry out of travel, giving guests certainty that their investment in an all-inclusive luxury vacation is safeguarded from interruptions outside of their control.
“We want to put the fun and joy of planning and anticipating a great vacation back into travel. While we recognize the real concerns that may weigh on our guests’ minds, we’re taking extraordinary measures to remove worry from the equation so travellers can delight in the entire travel journey - from booking to departure,” said Mr. Stewart on Monday (Sept. 13). All current and new reservations made now through Dec. 31, 2021, for travel until December 31, 2022, will automatically receive the Sandals and Beaches Vacation Assurance Protection at no charge.
Benefits of the Sandals and Beaches Vacation Assurance Program:
- Replacement vacation if a trip is interrupted while on vacation
- Replacement airfare credit for bookings with air made only directly through Unique Travel Corp.
- Quarantine stays of up to 14 nights at no charge if required
- COVID-19 testing to meet any government requirement from the comfort of the resort
- Comprehensive Travel Protection Plan (excluding Quebec)
- Cancel anytime reservation policy, without penalties or added fees – 31 days or more for a 100% refund or within 30 days for a future travel date credit
- A Vacation Assurance Hotline should guests or travel advisors have any questions related to travel protocols or anything else related to COVID-19
- Assurance of industry-leading Platinum Protocols of Cleanliness, implemented at all Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts, to ensure heightened health and safety measures throughout their stay
The program adds to the health and wellbeing procedures of the Sandals Platinum Protocols of Cleanliness which were introduced last year.
“Throughout our 40-year history, and especially during difficult times, we have always put guests first. Combined with our proven track record of health and safety, our new Sandals Vacation Assurance Program is the guarantee our guests can count on. It’s another example that we will do whatever it takes to continue to earn their trust so they can focus on what truly matters: quality time in our beautiful Caribbean with the ones they love most," said Stewart.
Certain restrictions apply. For more information, click here.