H10 Hotels just opened its new Ocean El Faro five-star resort in the Dominican Republic, located in Punta Cana on the magnificent beach of Uvero Alto.
The newly built establishment offers 618 rooms equipped with all the amenities to guarantee guests the utmost comfort, first-class facilities and a wide range of services.
READ MORE: Ocean El Faro to open in DR next winter
Inspired by local design elements
It is the second H10 Hotels resort in Punta Cana, after the Ocean Blue & Sand, and in the coming months it will undergo a new project expansion phase to include El Beso adult-only area, with another 293 rooms.
The establishment, designed by the Lázaro Rosa-Violán studio, features an interior design with a marked colonial style and owes its name to the lighthouse, built on the beachfront as part of the project, which houses a viewpoint with spectacular views over the ocean and the hotel's Beach Club.
Upon arrival, guests are greeted by an imposing hall with high vaulted ceilings inspired by the architecture of a natural history museum. The space is presided over by a large whale skeleton and contains the Lobby Bar featuring a wide oval bar. The Front Desk is situated in this area, as is a cozy Piano Bar.
At a glance
- 10 restaurants, seven of them à la carte specializing in Italian, Mexican, Asian, Caribbean and American cuisine, among others, as well as a buffet restaurant featuring international cuisine and another located next to the beach
- 13 bars, as well as an ice cream shop and a Mike's Coffee.
- Four swimming pools, as well as an artificial river that includes a bar area,
- Two tennis courts, a multi-sports court and a Dive It! Dive centre
- Entertainment: a theatre, a nightclub, a bowling alley and a shop, among other things.
- Despacio Spa Center (a hydrotherapy circuit, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath, a relaxation area, beauty salon and 12 spacious cabins)
- Kid-friendly: a water park with attractions for children, a playground, games room and the Daisy Club complete entertainment program for children between four and 12 years of age
- 24-hour gym
- A convention centre with four rooms that enjoy natural light, and sea views, ideal for special events.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
The new Ocean El Faro has six types of Suites. All of them are spacious and bright rooms equipped with LCD TV, complimentary minibar, electric coffee machine, in-room safe and a fully equipped bathroom with whirlpool, rain shower, double wash basin, professional hairdryer, scales and magnifying mirror.
Its Swim-Up Junior Suites stand out, located on the ground floor of the accommodation buildings, offering direct access to a pool from their terrace, as do the Rooftop Junior Suites, located on the top floor with a terrace, sun loungers and Jacuzzi.
The establishment also has 26 Royal Masters Suites, spacious rooms that include a bedroom, a separate living room and privileged views of the sea, and 12 Swim-up Privilege Master Suites, which also have a private terrace with Jacuzzi and offer the possibility of dipping into the pool directly from the room.
The Ocean El Faro offers Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services, designed for guests looking to enjoy special amenities. Some of the benefits include the possibility of accessing areas such as the Privilege Lounge—a room with concierge service and computers with an exclusive à la carte service for breakfast, lunch and dinner—and an exclusive area of the hotel's private beach with sun loungers and Balinese beds.