Preferred Hotels and Resorts welcomed 14 new member properties to its global portfolio between July 1 and September 30 this year.
Ranging from a chic new city hotel Paris’ historic Latin Quarter to a luxury beachfront resort on the Red Sea, these distinct and independent luxury hotels present experiences rooted in the local culture and surrounding areas for travellers to explore with partners, friends, and extended family.
- Salamander Washington DC (Washington, District of Columbia, United States): Set along Washington DC’s Southwest Waterfront, overlooking the famed tidal basin and the Potomac River, this luxurious hotel officially rebranded in September from a Mandarin Oriental into Salamander’s latest urban addition. Comprising 373 rooms and suites with refined details and impressive skyline and river views, the hotel will undergo a series of renovations without closing its doors, including guestroom and suite updates, the transformation of its lobby and bar, and the repositioning of its signature restaurant, which will fully reopen in spring 2023. Additional facilities include a 50-foot swimming pool and wellness center featuring saunas, plunge pools, and a hydrotherapy experience.
- Pinares Panorama Suites Spa and Convention Center (Cordoba, Argentina): Providing panoramic views of the surrounding lush landscapes, lakes, and nearby city of Villa Carlos Paz, the eco-retreat is the only resort in Argentina with a private nature reserve for guests to experience self and expert guided hikes and tours. The hotel features 100 rooms, many with private Jacuzzis and terraces, a luxurious health club with indoor and outdoor pools, and a range of holistic treatments. At the Kids’ Club, younger guests can enjoy sports, crafts, and other fun interactive activities.
- Hôtel Dame des Arts (Paris, France): Located in the historic Latin Quarter, the contemporary retreat embodies the spirit of freedom, culture, and creativity of the city’s Left Bank. Set to open its doors this winter, the hotel will offer guests a choice of 109 rooms and suites, all with bespoke and unique art pieces and many featuring outdoor balconies with views of iconic landmarks including the Eiffel Towel and Notre Dame Cathedral. Additional highlights include a state-of-the-art fitness center and wellness area with a sauna and treatment room, courtyard garden, rooftop bar, and a signature restaurant serving French cuisine, reimagined with the fresh spirit of the North Pacific.
- Son Net (Mallorca, Spain): Set in the foothills of the Tramuntana Mountains – a UNESCO World Heritage Site - in a 17th century palatial private estate, the boutique luxury hideaway will reopen its doors next spring following a large-scale refurbishment. Son Net will extend 35 guestrooms and suites showcasing original features such as rustic beams, stone floors, antique fireplaces, and an extensive curated private art collection, and will boast an outdoor pool and a luxurious spa. Guests can explore the surrounding gardens complete with historic interior courtyard, spring-fed well, and private chapel, and partake in a variety of immersive experiences including farm-to-fork dining, wine and olive oil tastings, hiking, and cycling.
- Serry Beach Resort (Hurghada, Egypt): An Egyptian-Arabian heritage resort set on the Red Sea Riviera, this architectural masterpiece includes 453 guestrooms and features thoughtful design that utilizes neutral colors, natural materials, and local hand-made accents that reflect the surrounding nature. A range of dining options are available such as a fusion gastro bar, an adult-only beach club, a cabaret speakeasy nightclub, a mezze lounge, and a buzzing food hall with a souk-like atmosphere. Additional highlights include a luxurious spa with a fully equipped fitness center, an outdoor horizon pool, a kids’ pool, private beach, and an onsite Aqua Park that offers freshwater wave pools and water slides.
- The Claridges, New Delhi (New Delhi, India): The first luxury hotel to open in independent India, this mid-century institution in the heart of New Delhi comprises 129 stylish guestrooms. Spread across three acres, the property has an intimate feel with white gazebos and umbrellas sprinkled across pristinely maintained lawns, a large outdoor swimming pool, and a charming traditional bakery. A range of additional dining options are available to guests, including casual Punjabi with a twist, Cantonese, and al fresco Mediterranean as well as a spacious and versatile hall that can accommodate up to 300 guests for lavish banquets and galas.
Other properties to join Preferred Hotels & Resorts’ global portfolio from July 1 through Sept. 30, 2022, include:
- Passalacqua (Lake Como, Italy)
- El Fuerte Marbella (Marbella, Spain)
- The Claridges Nabha Residence, Mussoorie (Mussoorie, India)
- Dusit Thani Laguna Singapore (Singapore)
- The Hotel HIGASHIYAMA by Kyoto Tokyu Hotel (Kyoto, Japan)
- Fulton Lane Inn (Charleston, South Carolina, United States)
- Pendry Washington D.C. – The Wharf (Washington, District of Columbia, United States)
- The Benson Hotel & Faculty Club (Aurora, Colorado, United States)
Each of these new member hotels participate in I Prefer Hotel Rewards, the brand’s points-based loyalty program with more than 4.5 million travelers enrolled globally.
Complimentary to join, members of I Prefer earn points redeemable for cash-value Reward Certificates, Elite status, and other value-rich benefits from eligible stays at more than 650 participating hotels and resorts worldwide.