Hyatt Hotels Corporation says that Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels in the Americas continue to outperform in leisure, urban, drive-to, and mixed-use locations, with 48 new hotels in these brands expected to open across the Americas in 16 new markets for Hyatt in 2022 and 2023.
With more than 470 Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels currently open in the Americas, the brands continue to attract travellers, the company says.
This planned expansion will represent more than 6,400 rooms planned by year-end 2023, contributing to Hyatt’s net rooms growth, which was 19.5 per cent in 2021.
This includes growth as a result of Hyatt’s acquisition of Apple Leisure Group (ALG).
The anticipated Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels in the Americas represent almost 9% of Hyatt’s total pipeline, and Hyatt will welcome more than 20 new owners to the Hyatt family.
“The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands continue to perform incredibly well, especially among leisure transient guests, with leisure destinations commanding strong ADR,” said Jim Tierney, senior vice president, development and owner relations, Hyatt. “With an eye toward recovery, we believe these hotels will remain attractive to leisure guests thanks to distribution, value, and amenities. For example, in Q4 2021, we saw business transient demand accelerate due to companies returning to the office and business travellers hitting the road again.”
The 48 hotels expected to open in the Americas by 2023 will expand the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands into locations where guests and members are traveling and will bring the brands to 44 markets, 16 of which are new markets for Hyatt – including Montreal, QC, Panama City Beach, FL, Sacramento, CA, and Virginia Beach, VA.
“We continue to grow the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands in markets that matter to our guests and loyalty members, and in strategic locations where our owners and operators will see meaningful results,” Tierney said. “From leisure destinations to downtown locations, mixed-use developments to college campuses and airport locations, our pipeline of new properties demonstrates the strength and resonance of the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands with developers, owners, operators, and guests.”
Here's a list of the anticipated openings for this year and next:
- Hyatt House Lewes/Rehoboth Beach (105 guestrooms) in Lewes, Del. (opened in Feb. 2022)
- Hyatt Place Flagstaff (93 guestrooms) in Flagstaff, Ariz.
- Hyatt Place Newark/Fremont (110 guestrooms) in Newark, Calif.
- Hyatt House Sacramento Midtown (128 guestrooms) in Sacramento, Calif.
- Hyatt Place San Carlos (104 guestrooms) in San Carlos, Calif.
- Hyatt House Orlando/International Drive (175 guestrooms) in Orlando, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown (145 guestrooms) in Gainesville, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Panama City Beach (224 guestrooms) in Panama City, Fla.
- Hyatt Place St. Augustine/Vilano Beach (120 guestrooms) in St. Augustine, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Kent Narrows & Marina (120 guestrooms) in Grasonville, Md.
- Hyatt House Monterrey Valle/San Pedro (91 guestrooms) in Monterrey, Mexico
- Hyatt House Minneapolis/Bloomington/Mall of America (150 guestrooms) in Minneapolis, Minn.
- Hyatt Place Asheville Airport (108 guestrooms) in Arden, N.C.
- Hyatt Place Albany Downtown (132 guestrooms) in Albany, N.Y.
- Hyatt Place Toronto/Brampton (119 guestrooms) in Brampton, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Columbus/Polaris (119 guestrooms) in Columbus, Ohio
- Hyatt House West Chester/Cincinnati-North (136 guestrooms) in West Chester, Ohio
- Hyatt Place Montreal-Downtown (354 guestrooms) in Montreal, Québec
- Hyatt Place Monterrey Valle (133 guestrooms) in Monterrey, Mexico
- Hyatt House Bryan/College Station (112 guestrooms) in Bryan, Tex.
- Hyatt Place Fort Worth/Alliance Town Center (130 guestrooms) in Fort Worth, Tex.
- Hyatt Place Virginia Beach/Oceanfront (140 guestrooms) in Virginia Beach, Va.
- Caption by Hyatt Beale St. Memphis (136 guestrooms) in Memphis, Tenn.
- Hyatt Place Toronto-Downtown/Jarvis Street (238 guestrooms) in Toronto, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Newark (104 guestrooms) in Newark, Del.
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale/Coral Springs (138 guestrooms) in Coral Springs, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Orlando East UCF (129 guestrooms) in Orlando, Fla.
- Hyatt House Orlando Airport (156 guestrooms) in Orlando, Fla.
- Hyatt Place New Smyrna Beach (114 guestrooms) in New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
- Hyatt House Sacramento Airport-North Natomas (108 guestrooms) in Sacramento, Calif.
- Hyatt Place Sacramento Airport-North Natomas (108 guestrooms) in Sacramento, Calif.
- Hyatt House Vacaville (144 guestrooms) in Vacaville, Calif.
- Hyatt House Colorado Springs Airport (104 guestrooms) in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Hyatt Place Boise/Meridian (120 guestrooms) in Meridian, Idaho
- Hyatt Place Munster (102 guestrooms) in Munster, Ind.
- Hyatt House BWI (129 guestrooms) in Linthicum, Md.
- Hyatt Place Grand Rapids Airport (100 guestrooms) in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Hyatt House Auburn Hills (116 guestrooms) in Lake Orion, Mich.
- Hyatt House Lansing/MSU (131 guestrooms) in Lansing, Mich.
- Hyatt House Royal Oak (128 guestrooms) in Royal Oak, Mich.
- Hyatt House Sterling Heights (110 guestrooms) in Sterling Heights, Mich.
- Hyatt House Kansas City Downtown (154 guestrooms) in Kansas City, Mo.
- Hyatt Place Winston Salem Downtown (132 guestrooms) in Winston Salem, N.C.
- Hyatt Place Reno South (132 guestrooms) in Reno, Nev.
- Hyatt Place Charleston Summerville (120 guestrooms) in Summerville, S.C.
- Hyatt Place Nashville Green Hills (127 guestrooms) in Green Hills, Tenn.
- Hyatt House Murfreesboro (128 guestrooms) in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- Hyatt House Houston Medical Center (139 guestrooms) in Houston, Tex.
- Hyatt Place Houston Medical Center (159 guestrooms) in Houston, Tex.