Hard Rock International is implementing a new health and safety plan for Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos, as locations begin to reopen worldwide in compliance with global, national and local health officials.
SAFE + SOUND, a new program developed by a team of hospitality and gaming experts in collaboration with worldwide health and sanitization specialists that aims to help keep guests and team members safe and healthy.
Under the new SAFE + SOUND standards established by Hard Rock, each hotel is independently assessed by NSF International and required to pass a rigorous 262-point inspection.
Hard Rock properties re-open for summer
All-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel properties in Cancun, Los Cabos, Riviera Maya, Punta Cana and Vallarta have already opened.
Additional North American Hard Rock Hotel locations open to guests include Daytona Beach, Orlando, San Diego and Guadalajara. The game is on at the Future Home of Hard Rock Casino® Cincinnati, as well as Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos in Tampa, Hollywood (Fla.), Lake Tahoe, Sacramento, Sioux City, Biloxi, Tulsa and Atlantic City.
Additional Hard Rock Hotels open around the globe include iconic European destinations such as Dublin, Davos and the new waterside hotel in Amsterdam. Asian properties are open in the Maldives, Desaru Coast, Singapore, Shenzhen, Penang, Pattaya and Goa, while the coastal resort in Dalian celebrated its grand opening on July 1st.
Additional Hard Rock Hotels including Ibiza, Tenerife and Bali are scheduled to welcome guests back by Aug. 1st.
About SAFE + SOUND
The SAFE + SOUND program implements the highest level of safety, sanitization, and employee training.
From the initial welcome at check-in down to each detail inside guest rooms and common areas throughout the property, there is a heightened focus on cleanliness.
Additionally, Hard Rock team members have been trained by Ecolab cleaning experts on proper disinfection procedures. The plan will also incorporate elements of each properties’ local, government-mandated policies. While individual property protocols may vary based on local guidelines, SAFE + SOUND protocols include, but are not limited to:
- Temperature checks for every team member, guest and vendor upon arrival
- Social distancing markers placed six feet (two meters) apart where lines can form
- Mandatory masks for all team members
- Masks required for guests in designated areas, such as check-in, elevators and public areas such as casino floors
- Seal of SAFE + SOUND on every guest room door upon arrival
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting frequency for high-touch surfaces across public areas, meeting rooms, dining areas and public restrooms
- Hand sanitizer in every public space area and all restrooms
- Team member hand washing every 60 minutes
- Plexiglass separators at front desks, check-in areas, table games, poker games and additional customer service areas
- High level infection control procedures to collect laundry
- Touchless, in-room dining service at guest room door
- Sanitization of guest luggage before it enters the lobby
- Self-service buffets have been suspended
- At pools and beaches, groups of guests are spaced six feet (two meters) apart
- Alternating slot machines are unavailable to help ensure social distancing on the casino floors
- Signs posted throughout the property to encourage social distancing and help ensure adherence to SAFE + SOUND program guidelines
- An overall reduction in guest capacity throughout casino complexes
For more details, visit www.hardrockhotels.com/safe-and-sound.aspx.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!