MSC Cruises has launched its summer 2022 campaign under the “Cruise with Confidence” program, applying health and safety protocols, a flexible booking policy, “robust yet simple” vaccination and testing requirements and a return to independent ashore exploration to all sailings through summer 2022.
All existing and new bookings for all sailings through to the end of the next summer season will be covered by the Cruise with Confidence promise, under which MSC has already offered a safe, flexible and enjoyable cruise holiday to over one million guests during all phases of the pandemic, past and present.
“We were able to lead the restart of our industry in August last year thanks to a comprehensive and flexible health and safety protocol that was designed to adapt to the evolution of the pandemic ashore and has since set the standard across the travel and hospitality sector,” said Gianni Onorato, CEO, MSC Cruises. “With this we were able to continue to offer the highest level of protection to our guests, crew and communities where our ships call to responsibly and safely welcome on our ships over one million guests for their holiday at sea.”
“With the pandemic continuing to evolve, we understand the importance of having clear information to reassure our guests that they can book a cruise with confidence and with flexibility to give them total peace of mind. We are thus extending our successful ‘Cruise with Confidence’ guarantee to all cruises through summer 2022 to continue to offer booked and new guests a safe, flexible and enjoyable holiday option.”
“Reinforced with the required COVID-19 protection plan, this insurance gives guests extra security before and during the cruise. Finally, we also see the return of a full experience ashore with the reintroduction of independent shore excursions where local regulations allow this – there really has been no better time to book a cruise vacation.”
From winter sun in the Caribbean to stunning Mediterranean cruises with the whole family next summer, guests can book and cruise with confidence thanks to the following elements:
- All guests and crew vaccinated and tested - all guests aged 12 and above are required to be fully vaccinated, on top of this, all guests aged two and above are required to submit a negative test prior to boarding.
- All ship crew are also fully vaccinated, regularly tested and follow strict health & safety policies.
- Booking flexibility free of charge - all cruises can be rescheduled free of charge up to 48 hours prior to sailing, for any reason.
- Peace of mind thanks to a COVID protection plan - all guests and their bookings are fully protected by the required COVID-19 protection insurance, covering events such as testing positive before boarding or at any point during your holiday. Antigen or RT-PCR testing can be arranged at the end of the cruise either onboard or in the terminal.
- A full experience to make the cruise safe & enjoyable - guests are free to disembark and independently explore ports of call wherever local regulations allow it. MSC Cruises has worked in partnership with authorities in all the regions in which the ships operate to ensure protocols meets meet the highest standards.
Blue Ribbon COVID Expert Group
MSC continues to monitor and adapt its industry-leading health and safety protocol that was developed last year by the Blue Ribbon COVID Expert Group. (Click here for more info).
Since its original inception, the panel has been reinforced with the addition of Dr. Robert R. Redfield, an American virologist and infectious disease clinician who most recently served as Director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) from 2018 to 2021.
To find out more about MSC Cruises itineraries, click here.