Following Norwegian Cruise Line’s (NCL) announcement on resuming cruises to Alaska from Seattle this summer, the cruise line has revealed deployment details for more ships across 11 different homeports around the world – including locations in the United States.
The new deployments include Breakaway-Plus class Norwegian Encore out of Miami, Norwegian Bliss from Los Angeles, and Norwegian Joy, also out of Miami.
The redeployments also include Norwegian Breakaway, Escape, Pearl, Jewel, Sun, Spirit and Norwegian's Pride of America, departing out of Hawaii, the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Asia and more.
“When we first welcome our guests aboard Norwegian Jade this July, it will be exactly 500 days since our ships last sailed,” said Harry Sommer, president and chief executive officer of NCL. “I'm very proud that we continue to redeploy our fleet methodically. We always said we wouldn't rush to sail again, but that we'd get back to it when we felt we could do so safely while maintaining our incomparable guest experience.”
Here's what NCL is working on:
- Norwegian Joy will cruise from Miami beginning Oct. 19, 2021 with five to 11-day Caribbean voyages.
- Norwegian Breakaway will cruise seven-day itineraries to Bermuda from New York beginning Oct. 24, 2021.
- Pride of America will offer seven-day Hawaii interisland voyages from Honolulu beginning Nov. 6, 2021.
- Norwegian Bliss will cruise from Los Angeles for seven-day Mexican Riviera voyages beginning Nov. 7, 2021.
- Norwegian Encore will offer seven-night itineraries from Miami to the Caribbean beginning Nov. 14, 2021.
- Beginning Nov. 20, 2021, Norwegian Escape will cruise for the first time from Orlando (Port Canaveral), Fla., offering seven-day itineraries to the Caribbean.
- Norwegian Pearl will sail from Miami offering Panama Canal, Bahamas and Caribbean cruises beginning Dec. 23, 2021.
- Beginning Jan. 20, 2022, Norwegian Jewel will be the first ship in the fleet to offer roundtrip Panama Canal cruises from Panama City (Colón and Fuerte Amador).
- Norwegian Sun will sail for the first time in Asia beginning Jan. 28, 2022, offering a five-day Japan itinerary from Hong Kong, before sailing a variety of 11-day cruises from Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok.
- Norwegian Spirit will cruise 12-day Australia and New Zealand voyages from Sydney, and Auckland, New Zealand beginning Feb. 9, 2022.
All voyages out of the U.S. are still contingent on obtaining a Conditional Sailing Certificate from the U.S. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), although it's looking like ships will receive that soon.
At the same time, NCL has canceled all voyages on Pride of America through Oct. 30, 2021; Norwegian Escape through Nov. 2, 2021; Norwegian Jewel through Jan. 9, 2022; Norwegian Pearl through Dec. 7, 2021; Norwegian Spirit through Jan. 28, 2022; Norwegian Sun through Jan. 18, 2022; and the Oct. 24, 2021 itinerary aboard Norwegian Bliss.
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!