MSC Cruises has taken delivery of its new flagship, the MSC Seascape – the largest cruise ship to be built in Italy.
The delivery took place in the presence of Gianluigi Aponte, the shipowner as well as founder and executive chairman of MSC Group.
“MSC Seascape is the second ship to come into service this year bringing our modern fleet to 21 ships. We are proud to welcome her to our fleet as she is the second Seaside EVO ship and completes the innovative Seaside class,” said MSC Cruises Chief Executive Officer Gianni Onorato.
“MSC Seascape aims to connect guests with the sea, she offers a wealth of outdoor spaces allowing guests to enjoy the beautiful scenery of The Caribbean, where she will spend her inaugural season. The ship’s distinctive design with nearly 13,000 m2 of outdoor space and an expansive waterfront promenade, invites guests to enjoy their escape to The Caribbean and disconnect.”
Following a star-studded Naming Ceremony bringing MSC Cruises’ distinctive European style and glamour to the Big Apple on Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2022, MSC Seascape will sail to Miami for an inaugural season in the Caribbean.
MSC Seascape will offer an immersive experience that promises to connect guests with the sea through beautiful design and impressive outdoor spaces that can be enjoyed for relaxation, dining, and entertainment.
Some of the key highlights include:
- Technologically advanced onboard entertainment options, including the new ROBOTRON – an amusement ride that offers the thrill of a rollercoaster at sea combined with a personalized DJ music experience
- Awe-inspiring entertainment, with six fantastical new productions and 98 hours of exclusive onboard entertainment featuring interactive elements
- 700 square metres of dedicated kids’ space and cutting-edge amusement options, with newly designed spaces for ages 0 to 17
- 2,270 cabins, featuring 12 different kinds of suites and staterooms with balconies (including the iconic aft suites featured on all Seaside class ships)
- 11 dining venues, 19 bars and lounges, with many options for ‘Al Fresco’ dining and drinking
- Six swimming pools, including a stunning aft infinity pool with incredible ocean views
- The largest and most luxurious MSC Yacht Club in MSC Cruises’ fleet, with approximately 32,000 square feet of space featuring sweeping ocean views from the front of the ship
- An expansive 1,772-foot-long waterfront promenade that puts guests closer to the ocean
- A glass-floored Bridge of Sighs at deck 16 with a unique view of the sea
MSC Seascape will offer two different seven-night itineraries from Miami, in the Caribbean:
Eastern Caribbean: Calling at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve and Nassau in The Bahamas, San Juan in Puerto Rico, and Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic.
Western Caribbean: Calling at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, Cozumel in Mexico, George Town in the Cayman Islands and Ocho Rios in Jamaica.