Virtuoso recognized 18 destination, cruise and lifestyle partners with awards for their products and service as well as their strong collaboration with network member agencies this week.
The global luxury travel network announced winners at two events taking place during the 31st annual Virtuoso Travel Week, which set another record-setting year with 6,515 attendees.
"What I love about this event is that it embodies our network’s ethos of the human connection. Virtuoso Travel Week is our annual family reunion, where longtime friends come together and new friendships are forged through the extensive networking opportunities," Tim Morgan, director of business strategy for Canada, Virtuoso, told PAX. "These bonds mean that together Virtuoso advisors and partners are able to provide superior, customized experiences to clients. Another key element of the event is celebrating the advisors whose excellence and innovation sets a remarkable high bar for the entire network, inspiring us all."
Virtuoso’s Destination Showcase Dinner, held August 12th at Bellagio before an audience of more than 1,800 of luxury travel’s finest, saw 10 awards presented to suppliers who embody the term “partnership” when it comes to working with Virtuoso advisors to deliver client experiences that exceed expectations:
- Best Tour Partner: Belmond Trains & Cruises
- Destinations & Experiences Ambassador of the Year: Javier Echecopar, Abercrombie & Kent USA
- Destinations & Experiences Partner of the Year: Made for Spain & Portugal
- Best Multi-Generational Program – Cruise: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Culinary Experience – Cruise: Oceania Cruises
- Most Luxurious Guest Experience – Cruise: Crystal Cruises
- Best River Cruise Line: AmaWaterways
- Best Expedition Cruise Line: Silversea Expeditions
- Best On-Site Partner: Calvados Club Luxury Travel – Croatia
- Tourism Board of the Year: Switzerland Tourism
The Alliance Partner Awards took place during an August 11th luncheon, also at Bellagio, and recognized eight exceptional preferred destinations and lifestyle partners:
- Most Engaged Tourism Board – US/Canada: Tourism Australia
- Most Engaged Tourism Board – Global: Visit California
- Most Innovative Alliances Partner: El Corte Ingles
- Most Comprehensive Advisor Program: Austrian Tourist Office
- Hottest Destination of the Year: Slovenian Tourist Board
- Top Destination of the Year: Italian National Tourist Board
- Virtuoso Alliances Ambassador of the Year: Elisabeth Hakim, PromPeru
- Lifestyle Partner of the Year: Galeries Lafayette Paris
Don't miss a single travel story: subscribe to PAX today!