The Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA) has opened registration for its three in-person Summit conferences happening in September in Toronto, ON, Richmond, BC and Laval, QC.
“This year will be special for several reasons – but the main one is that we are able to reconnect with each other again following the many challenges affecting our sector during the pandemic,” said Wendy Paradis, ACTA's president. “Attendees will experience a positive and energizing atmosphere while learning what’s most important for their career and business growth. They will also meet and network with valuable contacts.”
Travel agents, managers, senior leaders, consortia and host agency teams are all invited to attend.
The Summits are complimentary for ACTA members while non-members are asked to contribute $99 towards ACTA’s advocacy fund.
These Summits will include keynote speakers, critical updates from government and industry leaders and opportunities to connect with peers.
There will also be a full trade show with prizes awarded throughout the day.
According to ACTA, Summit participants will have the opportunity to:
- Gain insight about the latest travel industry trends and the outlook for 2023 and beyond from Canadian and International leaders
- Learn from travel agent peers about how they survived and are thriving. Get business building tips and tactics from some of Canada’s most successful travel agents.
- Excel at selling using all of the latest client connection tools and best practices for success – Zoom, social media – and a fresh look at some tried and true traditional channels.
- Hear about the latest and most important advocacy issues facing travel agencies and travel agents and ACTA’s actions to overcome these challenges.
- Attend a full trade show to network with peers and learn about new and exciting opportunities from more than 50 suppliers and destinations.
Registration is now open and full details can be found on ACTA's event website actaevents.ca.
ACTA will also be presenting the ACTA 2022 Travel Industry Leadership Awards during the Summits and is accepting nominations for those who consistently go above and beyond. Click here to access the nomination form.