The Air Miles Rewards Program has announced improvements to its program with enhanced loyalty options that offers more choice, flexibility and value.
Over the coming months, Air Miles collectors will be introduced to more redemption benefits, more ways to earn and more opportunities to take part in promotions.
Anchoring these program enhancements, and what is the crowning jewel of the revitalized Air Miles brand, is the announcement of the all-new Air Miles Flights platform, which officially launches this November.
The upgrade is about "putting control back in the hands of Canadian travellers," the company said on Monday (Oct. 4).
Customers will be able to easily choose their airline, class of travel, departure location (from anywhere in the world) and even how they pay.
"In response to feedback from collectors and partners, we've challenged ourselves to enhance the value we're delivering at every touchpoint. From improving our digital properties, to launching new partnerships like Voilà by Sobeys and lowering the amount of Miles required to make a redemption on today's top brands, we're excited to deliver more value to Canadians," said Blair Cameron, president & CEO, Air Miles Reward Program. "This fall, Canadians can experience the beginning of our program enhancements that will continue throughout 2022 as we bring forward a lineup of benefits designed with the sole objective of helping collectors' dreams come true."
More redemption benefits
Over the past year, Air Miles has making it easier for collectors to get a wide selection of merchandise products sooner by reducing the number of Miles required to redeem.
"This has resulted in collectors across all tiers saving millions of Miles while getting the products they love," the company said. "As part of the brand launch, we're adding a little extra gravy with an additional 100 Miles off when collectors redeem for merchandise rewards valued at 1,000 Miles or more."
Collectors simply need to use the promo code "GRAVY" to get a discount until October 31.
More way to earn
Air Miles is rolling out new benefits for collectors this fall. Beginning October 1, the following benefits will launch:
- Air Miles will welcome all BMO Air Lines World Elite Mastercard holders to Onyx status and all BMO Air Miles Mastercard holders to gold status. These collectors can begin experiencing the benefits of Air Miles status immediately through to the end of 2022.
- We're also offering all Onyx collectors an automatic upgrade so that they'll receive the benefits of Shell Go+ membership until the end of 2022, including 2x the Miles on most fuel or in-store purchases, and 5x the Miles when they use a BMO Air Miles credit card.
- Since launching a new website in 2020 that puts relevant and timely offers in front of collectors in an intuitive way, collectors now have more opportunities to earn value faster with hundreds of available bonus mile offers. Whether planning ahead for a shopping trip on airmiles.ca or staying connected with the Air Miles app in-store for the latest offers, collectors can get rewarded faster with valuable bonus offers from leading brands like BMO, Sobeys, Shell and Metro, to name a few.
A modern take
Air Miles is also revealing a new visual identity for the Air Miles Reward Program.
At the core of its new look and feel is a modern take on its iconic logo, alongside a new tagline "It's all gravy."
"This tagline encapsulates what Air Miles and its partners offer – that little bit extra; the gravy on top," the company said.
With Air Miles, you'll get extras, such as
- Getting Miles everywhere and earning Miles up to 7.8 times faster with an Air Miles credit card
- Gaining access to hundreds of offers from the palm of your hand with the Air Miles app
- Saving money on your everyday spend on groceries and fuel with Air Miles Cash Miles
- Turning dreams into destinations with the all-new Air Miles Flights
- Turning everyday purchases into the products you want, and getting those products for fewer Miles
- Getting more Miles at more brands with Air Miles new Card Linked Offers program
- Getting Miles from the comfort of your couch when shopping online with Voilà by Sobeys, The Children's Place, Staples, Global Pet Foods, Metro Online, airmilesshops.ca and more
- Experiencing more choice and flexibility than any other loyalty program in how you get or use Miles for valuable rewards
Air Miles is launching a national marketing campaign, starting today, to excite and re-engage collectors and inspire non-collectors to get involved.
The focal point of the brand relaunch is a film spot that invites viewers to join Air Miles on a journey through a magical, whimsical world that contextualizes "It's all gravy" by reminding us of all of life's little extras made possible with Air Miles.