Fareconnect.com held their annual conference at the Sandman Signature Edmonton South Hotel in Edmonton, Alberta from September 22-24, marking a return to meeting in person after three years of waiting.
The event, called "Reconnect with Fareconnect 2022," welcomed 70 travel advisors and more than 20 suppliers.
The conference had two jam-packed days of training from Fareconnect’s top suppliers.
There were also plenty of lunch and coffee chats and even a trade show to keep the conversations flowing between everyone attending.
The conference finished with a gala, a Fareconnect staple, to cap off two days of non-stop training. After champagne, a red carpet and dinner, the award ceremony began.
To show their support, the top prizes for each suppliers were handed out personally by the BDMs of the company.
The winners are as follows:
- Air Canada Vacations: Jolane Kennedy from Calgary, AB
- AMR Collection: Ramona Sheppard from Saskatoon, SK
- Globus Family of Brands winner: Charlene Altenberg from Saskatoon, SK
- Manulife winner: Robert McDowell from Vancouver, BC
- Norwegian Cruise Lines: Lori Schneider from Medicine Hat, AB
- Princess Cruise Lines: Sherri Anne Arsenault from Waterloo, ON
- Royal Caribbean: Walmer Mangilit from Winnipeg, MB
- Bedsonline : Cheryl Fox. Lloydminster, AB
- Sunwing: Jody Polyzniuk-Strauss from St Albert, AB
- The Travel Corporation: Charlene Altenberg from Saskatoon, SK
- Viking Cruises: Rhonda Ennis from Medicine Hat, AB.
- WestJet Vacations: Jody Polyzniuk-Strauss from St Albert, AB
This year, Fareconnect introduced a new award for their agents, the “Caring Award," which was inspired by an act of true kindness by one of their agents, Nel Anderson.
Cindy Gaudet read a letter from Lori Patterson, BDM at Holland America, that shared the story of Anderson going above and beyond in an airport to ensure that a group of four strangers made their cruise after a flight was delayed.
She managed to use her contacts and get the cruise to wait for the two couples, so they didn’t miss their entire vacation.
Then, it was time to announce the 2022 Top Overall Sales Winner’s at Fareconnect.
- Bronze Top Sales winner: Janice Butler from Medicine Hat, AB
- Silver Top Sales winner: Robert McDowell from Vancouver, BC
- Third place place Gold Top Sales winner: Mia Matton from Edmonton, AB
- Second place Gold Top Sales winner: Cheryl Fox from Lloydminister, AB
- First place Gold Top Sales winner: Jody Polyzniuk-Strauss from St Albert, AB
Before announcing where they would hold next year’s conference, there was a generous draw prize to giveaway to one of the agents: a 7-day European Cruise with AMA Waterways, the winner was Mia Matton from Edmonton, AB.
Then the CEO of Fareconnect.com, Rick Gaudet, announced that Fareconnect agents will be heading to Las Vegas next fall to celebrate the company’s 20th Anniversary.
Fareconnect.com is a host agency based in Western Canada with independent agents from coast to coast.